The Stuart Center seeks a Coordinator of Conference Services & Hospitality. The Stuart Center is a non-profit organization located in the Brookland/CUA area of Washington, DC. It is sponsored by the Society of the Sacred Heart and its five offices provide a variety of services to other non-profit and educational organizations. Our mission is to work from an educational stance to foster a more just world characterized by balance and right relationship in collaboration with individuals and groups committed to promoting the dignity of each person and the integrity of creation. Our core values are: justice, education, empowerment and partnership. The Conference Center, in particular, places strong emphasis on: Social justice, warm hospitality, professional services and collaborative partnerships.
Description and Essential Duties:
Reporting to the Director of the Conference Center, the Coordinator of Conference Services & Hospitality is a 75% position with flexible schedule based on conference center needs. Due to the nature of Conference Center use, evening and weekend hours are consistently required. The Coordinator of Conference Services & Hospitality serves as the primary contact person for groups renting Stuart Center spaces. The person in this position is responsible for the following:
- Set-up/breakdown of meeting space;
- Set up of technology as needed;
- Troubleshoot technology as needed;
- Set-up/clean-up of meals (provided by caterer) and refreshments;
- Room preparation & follow-up for overnight guests as needed;
- Serve as primary contact person for day groups;
- Provide a warm, hospitable, professional experience to all guests and partners of the Center;
- Embody the mission of the Stuart Center whose mission is an extension of the mission of the Society of the Sacred Heart;
- Help to ensure guests are met with a safe, clean, and well-maintained environment;
- Participate in the training and direction of reserve staff. Reserve staff are hourly employees brought in during times of peak use as determined by the Director of the Conference Center;
- Meet regularly with the Director of the Conference Center.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Coordinator of Conference Services & Hospitality is a self-directed, outgoing person who must:
- demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills are a must;
- possess a warm, welcoming, accessible manner;
- appreciate working in a Catholic-sponsored non-profit organization that is open to all faiths;
- enjoy working with people of various backgrounds;
- demonstrate attention to detail and appreciation for aesthetic quality of space;
- demonstrate patience and composure consistent with any client-centered service industry;
- be able to move furnishings and equipment;
- being Bi-lingual in Spanish is not required but strongly preferred
- familiarity with the Brookland/DC area is helpful, but not required.
Educational & Technical Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years minimum experience in the residence life department of a college, a conference center, retreat house, hospitality industry or similar environment. (Required). Evidence of increasing responsibility a plus.
- Ease with using and learning new technologies (Required)
- Valid driver’s license (Required)
This is a 75% position with flexible schedule based on Conference Center needs. Compensation is commensurate with experience and duties in a small, non-profit organization. All employees of the Stuart Center are employees of the Society of the Sacred Heart, US-Canada Province.
Submit resumé as well as names and contact information for 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org