Leading from the Heart: A contemplative exploration of the work of Dr. Brené Brown
Dare to Lead Workshop for Religious 65 and Under
Wednesday, March 25 through Sunday, March 29, 2020
Religious Women (Sisters) under 65. Space is limited to 40 participants.
Priority will be given to Religious of the Sacred Heart who register before Nov. 8, 2019.
Stuart Center, Washington, DC
Limited residential space is available at Stuart Center with additional housing available at the Washington Retreat House.
In this four day workshop participants will
- Create a community together where mutual trust, vulnerability and the commitment to shared leadership is cultivated
- Be exposed to the Dare to Lead concepts and experiential opportunities to practice the skills in preparation for using them in the organizations and communities in which each one lives
- Consider how Dare to Lead might offer a paradigm for our emerging future possibilities
- Reflect, Discern and Pray together in the context of shared learning and new understanding.
About the Training
The Dare to Lead Workshop is based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown and the experience of those who have used the tools for both work and life-leading. The focus of the workshop is courage-building. Specifically, we will be looking at the unique place we hold as religious women and the ways that the Dare to Lead principles may provide a unique lens for our lives and our work. We will be using four skill sets of courage developed by Dr. Brené Brown: Rumbling with Vulnerability, Living into Our Values, Braving Trust and Learning to Rise.
We will then each take these skills into our lives and our work and return together via Zoom (and perhaps in person) to discover how the Dare To Lead courage-building process is assisting us in creating wholehearted community. This will be an experiential and critical learning workshop.
All materials will be provided. There will be some advance preparation (about 4-6 hours maximum time in advance of the workshop for some reading and reflection).
For more information on the work of Dr. Brené Brown and the Dare to Lead process, see her website.
We ask participants to commit to all four days of the training the times for each day are as follows:
- Wednesday | March 25 | 4-7pm
- Thursday | March 26 | 9-5pm | followed by dinner
- Friday | March 27 | 9-5pm | followed by dinner
- Saturday | March 28 | 9-5pm | followed by liturgy/dinner
- Sunday | March 29 | 9-2pm
- Religious of the Sacred Heart will be responsible for their travel to Washington, DC and any other ancillary costs for travel.
- Members of other religious congregations will be responsible for travel to Washington, DC and the cost of housing.
- The facilitator is contributing her fee and the cost of all materials in support of our shared work.