RSCJ, Associates, Sacred Heart Educators, and Colleagues are invited to gather to read the book, Grave on the Prairie by Maureen Chicoine, RSCJ, including presentation, discussion and reflection. In addition to book commentary provided by the author, this four-part educational workshop will provide two sessions with members of Indigenous Nations to provide historical and experiential context. Each session will build upon the previous one and will be enriched with the pre-reading of the book selections.
Each 90 minute session will begin at: 4:00 PT/ 5:00 MT/ 6:00 CT/ 7:00 ET/ 8:00 AT
- Session One: Wednesday, February 2: with author Maureen Chicoine, RSCJ and guest presenter, Jerilyn DeCoteau who will give context about the Indigenous educational history and general history of Indigenous in the United States, 1841-1879
- Session Two: Wednesday, February 16: featuring author Maureen Chicoine, RSCJ and discussion of the book selection in light of the presentation by Jerilyn DeCoteau.
- Session Three: Wednesday, March 2: with author Maureen Chicoine, RSCJ and guest presenter, Dr. Kelli Mosteller Director of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Cultural Heritage Center who will speak from the experience of the Potawatomi during the time period 1841-1879, and the Citizen Potawatomi Nation's current status
- Session Four: Wednesday, March 16: featuring author Maureen Chicoine, RSCJ discussion of the book selection in light of the presentation by Dr. Kelli Mosteller. An opportunity for reflective summary of the experience for the family of the Sacred Heart will also be provided
After you register, you will be invited to make a contribution to be used to offset the cost of the stipends for the invited guest speakers. After you register, you will see an invitation to make a contribution, but simply close the page if you do not wish to do so.
- RSCJ participants: A contribution has been made on behalf of all RSCJ participants. RSCJ participants need not make a personal contribution other than presence
A recording of the presentations by the author or guest speaker presentations of each session will be available only to registered participants.
You will receive additional information from the design committee prior to the first session and your confidential Zoom link will be sent one week, one day and one hour before each presentation.
Thank you for your participation in the Stuart Center Virtual Conference Center